Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Magic Mirror

Magic Mirror on the wall
Please tell me why I'm so tall
and why do my hips and butt stick out?
I've got handles for loving,
but I hate them with a passion
I've got war wounds on my belly
but I don't remember going to fight
My torso is long and my legs are short
My thighs run on for miles and miles around
They tell me these marks are for stretching
but I thought I was done growing already
so I wish they would stop
Magic Mirror, is that really me?
When did I get so round
so wide
so darn big?!
And why didn't you warn me?
Why didn't you tell me to stop before all this damage was done?
And why must you watch me while I try to undo it?
You seem to follow me everywhere
I can't even go to work without getting a glimpse of the blob that has become me
the me that I barely recognize, but it must be me as I am the only one here
No matter how much I tuck, suck and stand on my tiptoes, I am still fat
and you aren't shadowing it one bit
I didn't think that those extra bites of pasta
or that ice cream
or those hours in front of the TV would turn me into
THIS
Magic Mirror, tell me lies
Show me the thinner, prettier me of days long past
Show me a time when my body wasn't ruled my gigantic ass
when my belly was flat and my thighs were toned
Show me my future
Show me what's coming
And I'll try to see it through my veil of tears

No comments:

Post a Comment