Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Feeling Very Strange

Warning: This is gonna look suspiciously like a complaint post, but it's not. (really it's not, HONEST)
So, since I've started this journey (I hate that word, but it really is the most appropriate one) at the end of October, I have lost 15lbs. I went from 307 down to 292 (as of this morning's weigh in). What's so strange is that this no longer feels like a major adjustment; I feel naked if I don't work out every day, I feel bad if I eat greasy, fattening food and I feel weak/tired/sick if I don't get my day 2 liters of water. Could it be, GASP, that my lifestyle has changed?!
For me, the 15 lbs in 2 months doesn't feel like it was enough, but, being honest with myself, I know that I wasn't "on it" the entire time and the weight that I have lost has been from hard work and me staying on plan.
My problem now is (ugh, here's my honesty moment) I miss eating bad stuff and being lazy...It really grinds my gears when I start to feel antsy because I skipped a workout, but sometimes I need the rest. I haven't been sleeping well, (nightmares, but that's for another blog) and I am dead tired in the mornings, but my internal clock wakes me at 530 for my am workout. No matter how hard I try to go back to sleep, I'm awake and the best I can do it lay there, while my brain makes me feel bad for not being on the way to the gym. And I want to eat something salty. ANYTHING salty. My husband offered me a french fry, but because I haven't had salt in so long, the saltiness was unbearable (but delicious, that's strange).
Does this happen to everyone? Will I forever feel guilty for a piece of cake? Will my legs run when the rest of my body wants to sleep? I like the fact that the transition from sedentary and gluttonous to active and healthy has been a smooth, almost easy one, but I kinda miss being a lard ass
Honest Moment Over
Looking forward to celebrating my first 25 off...10 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment